Delicious Keto Strawberry Shortcake features tasty biscuit and topped with amazing layers of sweet strawberries and sugar free whipped cream
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME15 mins
TOTAL TIME25 mins
COURSE: Dessert, Snack
CALORIES: 289 kcal
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain sugar free greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup monk fruit or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
Strawberry Shortcake Filling:
- 6–10 strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered monk fruit, or powdered sweetener of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your egg, greek yogurt, vanilla, monk fruit, and salt. Using a rubber spatula, mix in the almond flour, and then the baking powder.
- Using a large 3 tbs scoop, place mounds of the dough on your prepared baking sheet. They will spread a lot so give them lots of space.
Place your baking sheet with the dough on it in your freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake until golden, 15-17 minutes. They will spread out a lot so don’t be surprised. Each one will make one layer.
- As your biscuits cool, make your filling. Start by slicing your strawberries and then make your whipped cream by combining your whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered monk fruit in a large bowl. Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer whisk together until you get a whipped cream consistency.
- Once your biscuits have completely cooled place a layer of sliced strawberries over half of your biscuits and top those with a dollop of whipped cream, top with another biscuit and place another dollop of whipped and top with a strawberry – serve immediately and enjoy!
NOTES*NET carbs 6g
kcal Carbo hydrates: 9g