If you are looking for a new keto chicken recipe, then my Chicken Lombardy Recipe is a perfect choice. This delicious and easy meal is satisfying, keto, and low-carb friendly.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts thin cut
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter + 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease a 9X13 casserole dish.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the mushrooms, garlic, and onions on medium-high heat for approx 10 minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms are very tender.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the same cast-iron skillet and sear chicken breasts or tenderloins for 3-4 minutes on each side so that they are nicely browned.
- As each piece is browned, remove from the skillet and place it in the casserole dish leaving all of the drippings in the skillet.
- Once all the chicken has been browned, add the mushroom mixture back to skillet along with chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and salt/pepper.
- Cook on medium-high heat, scraping the bottom of the skillet while stirring continuously for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove. Sprinkle 1/8 tsp
xanthan gumon top and allow the sauce to thicken. It will take 5-10 minutes for the sauce to thicken just a bit. It will still be a bit broth-y as you don’t want it to thicken too much. You can also omit the xanthan gum as it does not change the taste of the dish.
- Once it has thickened spoon the sauce over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over chicken first, then top with mozzarella.
- Top with 1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a 450 oven for 12-14 minutes.
- To brown mozzarella, move casserole dish to the top rack and turn oven to broil for 1-2 minutes.
NutritionCalories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 1g